“Through our spokes, God speaks!”
Bike for Bibles (B4B) is an annual CBS event that brings cycling enthusiasts of all ages and walks of life together for a time of fellowship on the road - with one purpose in mind - to help raise funds for Bible distribution and translation projects. This year, Bike for Bibles will raise $50,000.
Where Funds Go
CBS partners with over 100 local ministries to distribute God’s Word to people in Canada in their own language. Through these partnerships, CBS is reaching out to the following target groups:
- Indigenous People. CBS is actively involved in translation projects which aim to make the Bible available in First Nations languages.
- Next Generation. CBS provides Bibles for children and teens in summer camps. The Bible is also made available to university students across Canada.
- New Immigrants. CBS continues to make the Bible available to newcomers in Canada by providing Bibles for churches/organizations reaching out to new immigrants, refugees and international students.
- Urban and Chaplaincy. Through partnerships with urban ministries, CBS is able to reach out to unchurched people in Canada. CBS also connects with Canadian soldiers and prisoners through chaplains who work with these groups.
CBS also makes God’s Word available to the visually impaired by distributing the Bible in Braille and audio format.
Ways you can be involved
There are so many ways you can support Bike for Bibles and CBS’ various Bible distribution programs.
- PARTICIPATE; BE A CYCLIST. Register for a ride today.
- ORGANIZE A RIDE. Don't see a Bike for Bibles event in your area? How about organizing one? Contact Alison Li at ALi@biblesociety.ca for more information.
- VOLUNTEER to assist with riders along their routes. Learn more about volunteering.
- PRAY for the Bike for Bibles team as they prepare for next year's rides.
- DONATE and support a specific rider or make a general donation. Search for a rider/team.
- SHARE about Bike for Bibles with your family and friends who might be interested.