Thank you for praying with us!
“The prayer of a good person has a powerful effect. ” James 5.16b (GNT)
International Prayer Requests
October 20 - October 26
Prayer Request: Please pray for the local fundraising strategy based on using telecommunication companies operating in Rwanda, for the commitment of every Church member to contributing financially to the Bible Cause, and for more funds for advocacy projects.
- Continent: Africa
- Capital: Kigali
- Population: 11.92 million
- Language: Kinyarwanda, English, French
- Religion: Catholic (49.5%), Protestant (39.4%), other Christian groups (4.5%), Muslim (1.8%), Animist (0.1%), other groups (0.6%), no religion (3.6%), not declared (0.5%)
Prayer Request: Praise God for the achievements made in spreading the Word of God in this country. Please pray that the local Bible Society is able to teach Bible principles to different generations, especially young people and children. Pray also that publishing projects may attract more and more people to the Bible message.
- Capital: Europe
- Capital: Moscow
- Population: 144.3 million
- Language: Russian (official), Tatar, German, Ukrainian, among others
- Religion: Russian Orthodox (15-20%), Muslim (10-15%), other Christian groups (2%)
* Russia has many believers who do not practice their religion and non-believers, which is a legacy of more than seven decades of Soviet rule. Russia officially recognizes Orthodox Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism as traditional religions.
Prayer Request: Please pray for potential donors to fund our projects and for them to be successful.
- Continent: Africa (Indian Ocean)
- Capital: Victoria
- Population: 95,000
- Language: Seselwa Creole, English, French
- Religion: Catholic (76.2%), Protestant (10.6%), other Christian groups (2.4%), Hindu (2.4%), Muslim (1.6%), other groups (1.1%), not declared (4.8%), no religion (0.9%)
Canadian Bible Society Prayer Needs
- Please pray for all Canadian Bible Society (CBS) staff and volunteers across Canada. Pray also for God’s leading as CBS implements new strategies to reach more Canadians with God’s Word through various partnerships with churches and organizations.
- Pray for God’s wisdom, guidance and strength for Rev. Dr. Rupen Das, CBS’ Executive Director, and for the Board of Governors led by Chairman, Capt. Noel Asirvatham.
- Praise God for our partner organizations in Canada who provide us with the opportunity to reach out with God’s Word to the indigenous peoples of Canada, to the homeless, to immigrants, to young people, to new readers and to many others. Pray that this work will continue and grow.
- Many translation projects are underway, including the revision of the Inuktitut and the Punjabi Bibles. Please pray for wisdom, provision and protection for our translation teams.
- Pray for our soldiers in conflict zones around the world. Praise God for Operation Bible – a joint project of the Canadian Forces and CBS – a complete Bible in camouflage cover available to all members of the Armed Forces.
- Pray that God will give us wisdom and the means to face our financial challenges and for an increased spreading of His Word in Canada. Pray also that our ministry will be well received in churches, resulting in more opportunities.
Prayer Needs for Bermuda
The Canadian Bible Society looks after the Bible work in Bermuda. Please pray for the following request:
- For the leadership headed by Beverly Daniels – for wisdom and strength in carrying out the Bible work in Bermuda.
- For opportunities to spread the Bible message in the country.
- For people to be receptive to God’s Word.