Thank you for praying with us!
“The prayer of a good person has a powerful effect. ” James 5.16b (GNT)
- Please pray for the safety of all CBS staff and their families across the country as they continue to work to make God’s Word available to those in need of comfort and hope during these challenging times. We ask for continued strength and encouragement to do the best we can as we find ways to stay connected while physically distant.
- Please pray for wisdom for CBS leaders as they assess the impact of the closures and restrictions on work and ministry, and make adjustments accordingly.
- Please pray that God would continue to open doors for CBS to share the Word of God during this crisis.
- Please pray for each person who received resources such as the Words of Comfort booklet, and other materials CBS is distributing for free in order to share hope and peace from God during his time of anxiety, stress, and uncertainty for many.
United Bible Societies – Prayer Needs
July 12 - July 18
Praise the Lord for the assistance that we receive from our Bible Society partners and colleagues. Please pray for successful outcomes of our strategies to increase fundraising, improve our social media presence and effectively execute our projects.
- Continent: Central America (Caribbean)
- Capital: Kingston
- Population: 2.8 million
- Language: English, Jamaican Creole
- Religion: Christian (64% – Protestant: 62% and Roman Catholic: 2%), Jehovah’s Witnesses (2%), no religion (3%), other groups (10%)
Please pray that Japan Bible Society’s Interconfessional Version, the latest Bible translation into Japanese, is widely used. Ask for a smooth leadership transition and the subsequent reorganization of the institution. Pray also for Bible Society’s mission of distributing God’s Word in Japan.
- Continent: Asia
- Capital: Tokyo
- Population: 126 million
- Language: Japanese
- Religion: Shintoist (47%), Buddhist (43%), other groups (9%), Christian (1%)
Please pray for Bible Society in Jordan’s plan of establishing a Ministry Center–a multi-purpose venue to serve God’s Word–in the heart of Amman, the country’s capital, a busy location where both the Bible and Bible Society can be much more accessible.
- Continent: Asia (Middle East)
- Capital: Amman
- Population: 9.7 million
- Language: Arabic
- Religion: Muslim (97.2%), Christian (Greek Orthodox majority: 2.2%), Buddhist (0.4%), other groups (0.3%)
July 19 - July 25
Please pray for our literacy projects. Pray also for the training of our local staff to carry out our literacy, translation, distribution and publication projects.
- Continent: Asia
- Capital: Vientiane
- Population: 6.75 million
- Language: Lao
- Religion: Buddhist (64.7%), Christian (1.7%), no religion (31.4%), other groups/not declared (2.1%) (est. 2015)
Praise God for our competent Board of Directors and the constant support from churches. Please pray for peace, wisdom and guidance for our country’s government.
- Continent: Africa
- Capital: Maseru
- Population: 1.9 million
- Language: English, Sesotho
- Religion: Christian (80%), indigenous beliefs (20%)
Please pray for the revision of the Bible in Latvian and that it becomes a sign of unity among churches.
- Continent: Europe
- Capital: Riga
- Population: 1.92 million
- Language: Latvian
- Religion: Christian (62.6%)*, no religion (36.7%), other groups (0.7%) *Russian Orthodox (19.7%), Roman Catholic (18.5%), Protestant (17.8%), old believers (6.1%), and smaller Christian denominations (0.5%. Source: ISSP, 2015.