Wondering what to do with your used stamps? The Canadian Bible Society collects donations of used stamps.
Here's how our Used Stamp Program works:
- Stamps collected from donations across Canada are combined to create charity boxes and are sold to stamp collectors and vendors.
- The revenue generated from the stamps allow CBS to purchase Bibles for Canadian prison ministry.
- 10 lbs of stamps = approx 6 Bibles for distribution
Instructions for collecting
- Keep the stamp on the envelope
- Cut out the stamp leaving a 1/4 inch border around the entire stamp
- Collect stamps on white or light coloured envelopes and not on industrial brown envelopes
- Ask your church congregation to collect their stamps
- Make a box as a collecton vestibule
- Ask to put an announcement in the bulletin about the program and to let them know how to collect and where the drop off location is
- Ask the groups within the church (i.e. Women's Groups, Seniors Groups, Sunday School) to collect as a special ministry
- We also accept personal collections that are already in books, binders, etc.
- If mailing to CBS please ask for Stamps to be put on the package vs. the electronic metering – we will collect those stamps and add them to the boxes
Drop off locations
Every few months deliver the stamps to your closest drop off location
|Province||Drop off Centres|
Canadian Bible Society - Winnipeg Office
Canadian Bible Society - St John's Office
Essex United Church
Canadian Bible Society - Toronto Office
Glenwood United Church