Are you interested in joining our team in this exciting and re-energized adventure providing people with access to God’s Word? The Canadian Bible Society (CBS) is looking to fill the following positions:
Development Officer – Major Gifts
Job posting ends: September 27, 2019
Location: 10 Carnforth Road, Toronto
The Canadian Bible Society (CBS) is looking for a dedicated Development Officer who will be responsible for successfully working within the Development, Marketing & Communications team alongside a front-facing passionate team of relational fundraisers to:
- Secure major donations for CBS projects primarily from supporters in Ontario;
- Build new relationships that will help the organization achieve its mission and exceed revenue targets;
- Build a portfolio, communicate with supporters and meet face to face with major gift donors and prospect;
- Become an expert on the organization’s programmatic work, stewarding existing supporters and building new key relationships to curate a portfolio of engaged, inspired and loyal CBS supporters.
- Build relationships with a qualified donor portfolio of approximately 150 – 175 donors who give or have the capacity to give a minimum of $5,000 per calendar year;
- Identify specific touch points to cultivate, solicit, and steward the donor, identifying interests, capacity to give, appropriate stewardship tactics and activities to sustain and increase giving and relationship to the work of CBS;
- Work toward a pre-determined goal for revenue on a yearly basis;
- Plan and implement moves management to ensure each donor is cultivated toward their giving potential;
- Analyze supporter data to find new opportunities and maximize results;
- Identify new potential major supporters through research and peer (existing major donor) identification;
- Research and understand donors’ motivation for supporting CBS;
- Learn their passions and interests for the work and match those passions to CBS projects;
- Prepare, implement and evaluate strategic engagement plans for each donor;
- Ensure familiarity with current CBS fundraising appeals and projects;
- Work in conjunction with and leverage activity from other strategic portfolios to ensure best integrated plan i.e. church, events, Board of Governors activities etc;
- Ensure all donor interactions, research and communication preferences are updated and recorded in Raisers Edge;
- In collaboration with Development/Communication team ensure that major donors and prospects are invited to and experience cultivation and stewardship events including Executive Director’s briefings, and program staff and partner presentations;
- Participate in major donor trips to see the programs across Canada or globally to ensure that donors and prospects are provided an up-front view of the impact of their support;
- Provide impact reporting, and personal and meaningful gift acknowledgement and stewardship to ensure gifts are appreciated and repeated;
- Ensure that each month a specific number of moves are activated (phone calls, face to face visits, emails, reports etc) to continually progress the donors to sustained and increased giving;
- Prepare and submit a pre-determined number of major gift proposals on a yearly basis;
- Continually stay aware and be educated in the organizational vision, programs and donor opportunities;
- Prepare monthly reports using an agreed format.
- Successful record of a minimum of 5-7 years in a similar role as a Major Gift fundraising professional;
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs and interests of major donors to cultivate, foster, trigger gifts and sustain mutually beneficial relationships;
- Undergraduate degree in a related field;
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal, professional and relationship building skills;
- Excellent research and presentation skills;
- Strong writing, time management, planning, and organizational skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy;
- Capacity to work in and across Christian denominations;
- Flexibility and the ability to function well as a team player;
- High level of personal and professional integrity, including the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding donor profiles and personal information;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite/Outlook 365;
- Ability to travel nationally and occasionally internationally.
Regional Director – British Columbia
Job posting ends: September 30th 2019
Location: 1207 Kingsway, Vancouver
The Canadian Bible Society (CBS) is looking for a dedicated Regional Director who has primary responsibility for leading the regional team, in close collaboration with the National Office, to build relationships and implement CBS programs in British Columbia.
The Regional Director also has the responsibilities to coordinate the work involving staff and volunteers based in the region, assist with fundraising initiatives, and collaborate extensively in the establishment and improvement of Public Relations.
Reporting to the Director of National Programs and as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), they will work to build and lead an integrated regional team involving local staff and volunteers and work with the National Office and different regional teams across Canada. Working closely with District Boards, churches, local/national partners, and other constituents for the successful development and implementation of the approved plans and objectives for BC.
- Develop and grow strong partnerships in the region for program implementation;
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare the annual strategic program plan for the region;
- Oversee the preparation of the annual budget for the region;
- Ensure excellent budget control and the accomplishment of program objectives in the region, and accurate reporting thereof;
- In close collaboration with the National Office Volunteer Coordinator, manage volunteers for program implementation, with a particular emphasis on local recruiting, management, and recognition alignment with National Office objectives and policies;
- Assist District Boards through consultation with planning and attending various meetings and supporting events planned by the District Board that are in alignment with CBS standards;
- Work with the Development team to organize and support fundraising activities in the region such as setting up meetings, contacts, logistics, speaking/presenting, and providing excellent public relations on behalf of CBS;
- Support the Scripture Resources team, providing appropriate balance and policy compliance between sales, subsidized, and free distribution of Bibles and other resources.
- Participate in the senior leadership meetings and special projects.
- Demonstrated multi-year track record of success in relevant roles, as a leader implementing programs, preferably with a non-profit organization;
- Successfully developed and managed teams including volunteers and managed plans and objectives;
- Highly relational with excellent and proven soft skills including communication and peoples kills;
- A strong hands-on knowledge of the region, preferably with an existing diverse network already in place that can be leveraged;
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely as needed;
- A strong understanding and empathy of the challenges of the local church setting, and comfort working in a broad ecumenical spectrum;
- A university degree in business, non-profit management or equivalent;
- Able and willing to regularly travel within the region, and occasionally nationally or even internationally.
Join our growing team at this exciting time! Please forward your CV along with a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the Canadian Bible Society, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does the Canadian Bible Society Do?
We are an interdenominational organization partnering with individuals, churches, and religious organizations who similarly believe that God’s Word changes hearts and lives. Whether in support of Canada’s latest incoming refugees or those affected by human trafficking in partnering countries, we continue to proudly contribute to the spiritual development of the people we reach, both in Canada and overseas. As we celebrate 113 years of ministry in Canada and abroad, the Canadian Bible Society (CBS), is uniquely poised to fulfill its mission to translate, publish, distribute, and encourage engagement with the Christian Scriptures.