Bible Reading Resources for the New Year
“Dear Lord, each week in the New Year I resolve to read one book of the Bible and memorize one chapter. I feel led to begin with Philemon and Psalm 117.”
Ah, New Year… new resolutions. The prayer above intends to bring a smile to readers, but there’s some truth to it. We cannot deny the fact that at least once in our life, we have made resolutions intending to make our Bible reading more meaningful in the New Year.
The tricky part about making resolutions is the actual implementation. Most people fail to follow through after only a few weeks. In fact, a research revealed that only 8% of goal-setters actually accomplish their New Year targets. This shows that we need help! The good news: there are a lot of resources out there to help you reach your Bible reading goals. Here are a few suggestions.
CBS Daily Bible Reading Guide
Struggling to figure out what to read every day? The Canadian Bible Society has a Bible reading plan that would allow you to read 48 books of the Bible in one year. This resource is available in four formats:
1. Email – Sign up to have a new Bible passage sent to your inbox every morning.
2. PDF Format – Download the reading guide in PDF format and print it at home/view it on a digital device
3. Mobile – Download our free CBS app and access the readings using your mobile devices
4. Order Printed– Request a printed copy to be mailed to you. Contact us today.
Through the Bible in One Year
If you want to read through the whole Bible, contact us today for a free copy of Through the Bible in One Year.
- Bible Journeys. Topical daily Bible readings. Bible journeys vary in length – you may want to do a 7-day Bible journey or a whole year. Sign up for a journey – free.
- Inspire Justice Devotional. Want to know more about what God is saying about social issues such as poverty and justice? Download this 365-day devotional.
Get the Bible app on your mobile devices. There are so many helpful apps out there that can help you get into the habit of reading the Bible every day. Click here to see our suggested list. They’re great Bible reading tools and the best thing is: they’re totally free!
If you know of other helpful tools out there, let us know by using the comment box below! And let us know what you think about the suggested list above. We would love to hear from you.
Have a blessed New Year and happy Bible reading!