To all mothers and mothers-to-be!
I will soon be leaving the Canadian Bible Society in order to give birth for the first time. I imagine that many mothers-to-be are, like me, experiencing a certain level of anxiety, fear of the unknown, and excitement as this major event is drawing near. I am therefore focusing this last blog post on preparing for childbirth, which dovetails with the upcoming celebration of Mother’s Day. The following 10 Bible verses are meant to help all expectant mothers prepare mentally and spiritually for the birth of their baby.
- “Don’t worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart.” Philippians 4.6 (GNT)
- “Let your father and your mother be glad, And let her who bore you rejoice. My son, give me your heart, And let your eyes observe my ways.” Proverbs 23.25-26 (NKJV)
- “Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: ‘For yet a little while, And He who is coming will come and will not tarry’.” Hebrews 10.35-36-37 (NKJV)
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6.34 (NKJV)
- “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” James 1.2-4 (NKJV)
- “And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12.9-10 (NKJV)
- “By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb. My praise shall be continually of You.” Psalm 71.6 (NKJV)
- “But you, be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded!” 2 Chronicles 15.7 (NKJV)
- “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41.10 (NKJV)
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4.13 (NKJV)