Thank you for praying with us!
“The prayer of a good person has a powerful effect. ” James 5.16b (GNT)
International Prayer Requests
November 11 - November 17
Prayer Request: Please pray for peace and the Trauma Healing project.
- Continent: Africa
- Capital: Juba
- Population: 12.23 million
- Language: English, Arabic, Swahili.
- Religion: Christian (90%), Muslim (10%)
Prayer Request: Ask God to increase the reach of the Adventures of the Bible project from 30 thousand to 50 thousand children in school age (ages 10 and 11) over the next two years. Pray also for the international Adventures of the Bible initiative in the Balkans. Pray for our donors and their support.
- Continent: Europe
- Capital: Stockholm
- Population: 10 million
- Language: Swedish, Sami, Finnish. Due to immigration, many other languages are also spoken, such as Arabic, Persian and Dari.
- Religion: Christianity is the main religion and has a rich history. However, Sweden today is a very secularized country. Only 2% of the population attend church on Sundays. Due to migration, new churches have been established. About half a million residents have Muslim roots.
Prayer Request: Thank God for His love and protection. Please pray for all the refugees, prison inmates, the elderly, those experiencing social injustices and all those in need in our small country. Pray also for our staff, members and donors for their dedicated work and support.
- Continent: Europe
- Capital: Bern
- Population: 8.37 million
- Language: German, French, Italian, Romansh.
- Religion: Catholic (37.3%), Protestant (25.5%), atheist (7.4%), other groups
Canadian Bible Society Prayer Needs
- Please continue to pray for all CBS staff and volunteers across Canada. Pray also for God’s leading as CBS implements new strategies to reach more Canadians with God’s Word through various partnerships with churches and organizations.
- Pray for Dr. Rupen Das for God’s wisdom in his leadership role as CBS’ National Director.
- Pray for sufficient financial support from churches, individuals and organizations to maintain Bible translation work, the supply of subsidized or free Scriptures, and other Bible-based programs.
- Praise God for our partner organizations in Canada that provide us with the opportunity to reach out with God’s Word to homeless people, immigrants, young people, new readers and many others. Pray that this work will continue and grow.
- Many native language projects are underway, including the revision of the Inuktitut Bible. Please pray for wisdom, provision and protection for our translation teams.
- Pray for our soldiers in conflict zones around the world. Praise God for Operation Bible – a joint project of the Canadian Forces and CBS– a complete Bible in camouflage cover available to all members of the Forces..
- Pray that Bible work can continue effectively around the world despite wars, political tensions, changes in religious climate, economic hardship and frequent natural disasters. Pray for Bible work in countries where distribution is restricted or not permitted at all.
- Pray that God will give us wisdom and means to face our financial challenges and for an increased spreading of His Word in Canada. Pray also that our ministry will be well received in churches, resulting in more opportunities.
Prayer Needs for the Bible Work in Bermuda
The Canadian Bible Society looks after the Bible work in Bermuda. Please pray for the following request:
- For the leadership headed by Beverly Daniels – for wisdom and strength in carrying out the Bible work in Bermuda.
- For opportunities to spread the Bible message in the country.
- For people to be receptive to God’s Word.