Top Verses for August
More than half of the year is already behind us! The isolation we’ve been experiencing over the past few months is slowly dissipating, but has not entirely disappeared. Everything has changed, but one thing remains the same – the Word of God.
Every month, we prepare a compilation of Scriptures for each day of the month, which provides us the daily manna our souls hunger for. Get a FREE copy.
Here are five of our favorite Bible verses for August:
- I will never leave you nor forsake you. Heb. 13.5b (ESV) This verse proclaims that we are never alone. This promise is so meaningful, especially when we are feeling alone, uncertain and afraid. Every day, we can find comfort in the knowledge that we are never alone. God is with us, always.
- We can make our own plans, but the LORD gives the right answer. Prov. 16.1 (NLT) 2020 has shown us that we can try to plan things ourselves, but it is God Himself that provides the right answers! For the last several months, we’ve seen God drawing more and more people closer to Him, as millions worldwide are searching for answers and sharing Scripture, praying, and exploring biblical truths together. It’s humbling to be reminded that “the Lord gives the right answer.”
- I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Jer. 32.27 (NIV) God never tells us in His Word that we will not face sorrow, pain, and heartbreak in this world. Instead, He calls us to confidently look to Him in the midst of our pain, knowing that He has everything under His control. With abundant love, we can hear Him saying, “Is anything too hard for me?”.
- Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us. Eph. 3.20 (ESV) This verse concludes a prayer from the Apostle Paul, which began in verse 14 of the same chapter. Paul has been persecuted, beaten, threatened, imprisoned, and more, and we may wonder how he endured so many difficulties. Here he refers to the “power at work within us”, speaking of God’s infinite power to do exceedingly more than we could ever imagine. We are limited in our thoughts and prayers, but our God is not.
- He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecc. 3.11a (NKJV) Have you ever lost one piece of a puzzle? How frustrating is it to see one little part missing, making the whole puzzle incomplete? We often become anxious and impatient as we look at an incomplete puzzle. However, God has it all – even the smallest piece – under his sovereign Hand. Although we often can’t see the full picture, “in its time,” He will reveal it. He makes everything beautiful.
Enjoy these and more promises revealed through God’s Word during the month of August. Meditate day and night on the Bible, growing in intimacy with God, always present, all-powerful, and loving. Get a FREE copy of the August Daily Manna.