Help unlock a verse of Scripture this Easter!
What your gift can do:
- $26 can help translate one Bible verse. This will help provide translation training to native speakers and ensure that language experts in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek can supervise the quality of translation work.
- $156 can translate six Bible verses which is equivalent to the full chapter of Psalm 23.
For a huge part of the world, the message of Easter is still locked away. It remains hidden behind untranslated words – the biggest obstacle we face in spreading God’s Word across the globe. Surprisingly, one billion people – in this day and age of technology – want but still can’t access the Bible in a language they can understand. In fact, there are over 4,000 languages that have never had a single Bible verse translated.
With your generosity, we can overcome this daunting challenge. Please help unlock the Scriptures for those who are still waiting to read and hear God’s Word in their language.
Together we can bless people with the miracle of Resurrection through Bible translation.
DID YOU KNOW?
As of 2019 there are:
- 7,353 languages that are spoken in the world
- 1,548 languages that have the complete New Testament
- 1,138 languages that have some portions of the Bible
- 2,617 languages that have active Bible translation work
- 1 in 5 people still waiting for the Bible in their own language
- 698 languages that have a full Bible (2 were translated in Canadian indigenous languages)
To donate via cheque, please make your cheque payable to Canadian Bible Society, and mail it to 10 Carnforth Road, Toronto, ON, M4A 2S4. Donations of $10.00 or more will be receipted immediately for online donations, and at year-end for telephone and mail donations.