“Many hands make light work.” – John Heywood
Volunteers have been actively involved in the work of the Canadian Bible Society for more than two hundred years and we realize that volunteers are our future!
CBS has volunteers in all levels of the organization and we support and respect our volunteers for who they are and for the various ways they help us share God’s life-giving Word. Here are some areas in the ministry where we need your valuable support:
Café Design Coordinator
Video Content Producer
The Video Content Producer volunteer will help assemble recorded footage into a finished project that captures the Canadian Bible Society’s mission and vision. The goal is to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story. The volunteer will also help in conceptualizing and shooting videos that can be offered as a resource on the web.
The Canadian Bible Society (CBS) is looking for a Social Media Volunteer to post relevant messages and digital content on our social media channels. You will also help prepare monthly reports to measure the effectiveness of CBS’ social media marketing efforts.
The Graphic Design Volunteer will design content for marketing, branding, and the internet. Projects will range from designing social media graphics to creating online resources offered at the Canadian Bible Society website, such as e-cards, mobile device wallpaper, etc.
Donor Support Services
In appreciation of the faithful support of our donors, the Canadian Bible Society is committed to serving our supporters with excellence including processing donations accurately and attending to donor requests promptly. During the months around Christmas and the end of the year, we are usually blessed with an influx of donations. To prepare ourselves for this high volume of work and activities, we need the help of volunteers, who will be trained to attend to some or all of the following tasks depending on their skills and experience:
- Sort and process donations
- Create and/or update donor records
- Attend to simple standardized correspondence, including printing and collating same for mailing
- Answer donor calls
- Commitment to the Christian faith and having a passion for the Bible cause are essential
- Good knowledge of the English language. Good reading and comprehension abilities
- Basic computer skills including working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work with speed and attention to detail
- Office experience is an asset
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
Represent the Canadian Bible Society in your church congregation and play an important role in fulfilling our mission. Become a Congregational Representative to fulfill a crucial link between the Canadian Bible Society and the local church!
As a Congregational Representative, you will…
- Be the first to see new volunteer resources
- Advise the congregation of the resources that are available to enhance outreach and pastoral programs
- Work in cooperation with the pastor and church leaders to tell the story of the Bible Society ministry
- Promote the distribution of the Scriptures and encourage their use
CBS will provide you with the following:
- A resource kit of materials
- A newsletter with suggestions for using Scripture
- Ongoing support to help you share CBS with your church
Do you have good organizational skills and pay attention to detail? Are you able to work independently and as part of a team? Do you like to see tasks completed? Opportunities for Administrative Workers are many and varied, depending on the District.
Bible Store Clerk
Do you connect with people? Would you help a customer find the Bible that suits him? Your knowledge of different translations or versions of the Bible, or your desire to learn, can help someone to satisfy his thirst for the Word of God.
The needs are unique in this type of store. An interview with the store manager of your community will determine how your talents can be used to best effect. CBS currently has three stores across Canada. Locate the Bible Store nearest you.
Do you enjoy helping with events? Do you like being part of a team? Why not explore becoming a meeting, fair and convention volunteer? The focus of this position is to raise the profile of the Canadian Bible Society by exhibiting its materials and representing the CBS at a booth.